Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beginnings

I really enjoyed our first group discussion today. We were able to articulate some of our personal artistic objectives and focus our goal to raise money for a community family crisis center.

A couple of thoughts that I think will be important in this venture:

1) Don't try to create and analyze at the same time; they're different processes. 

A professor shared this with me from John Cage's compilation "10 Rules for Teachers." It will be important not to let worries interfere with the act of creating, and then not let our love for our creations hamper our ability to honestly examine whether our work is working.

2) Be open, sincere, and specific.

It will take a lot of patience and humility to work with each other. We'll need to be willing to honestly, clearly, and specifically address each part of our collaborative work in order to make something awesome.

3) Seek divine inspiration.

I believe that I need help to see beyond myself and reach beyond anything I've ever done before musically. I think as a group, we'll need heaven's help to make this happen.

Cheers to everyone on the team. I'm very excited to work with you!

Zane


1 comment:

  1. Great insights Zane! I agree 100% and I'm excited! Great conversations and collaborations today. This is a great group of people.

    ReplyDelete